How to add a quick contact form to WordPress
One of the first things you would want to add to a WordPress blog is probably a contact form. This is very easy to do with the help of 2 free plugins: Really Simple CAPTCHA and Contact Form 7 and the result looks like this:
But first, add a contact page: from the WordPress dashboard go to Pages and click Add New:
Next step is to install the plugins.
1. Download the Really Simple CAPTCHA from here.
2. Upload the entire really-simple-captcha folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
3. Download the Contact Form 7 from here.
4. Upload the entire contact-form-7 folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
5. Activate both plugins through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Once the plugins are activated, in the Dashboard left menu the Contact edit page should appear:
Let’s edit the options. In the first section of the page you have the default code for the contact form. From the Generate Tag dropdown select Captcha.
On the right side, the captcha options will appear. You don’t really need to make any changes here, but I selected the captcha size to small:
Unless you want to add more fields to the form (you can do this by selecting from the right side drop-down and copying the code on the right side like you did for the captcha) or make some customizations to the email that is sent when someone fills the contact form, you don’t really need to edit anything else. Click on Save in the top right corner and copy the contact form code from the brown field on the top of the page: